Natural Capital User Guide launch
Greater Manchester Combined Authority and Natural Course launches new Natural Capital User Guide.
It is designed to be the ‘go to’ reference point for all things natural capital across Greater Manchester.
Natural capital tools give decision makers at all levels the tools and evidence to make more informed, joined-up decisions.
They are a really valuable resource for funders, policy-makers, project developers, partnerships, and infrastructure planners on the protection of the natural environment and investment projects.
The new Natural Capital User Guide is a ‘one stop shop’ that will help:
- Deepen your knowledge about the value of Greater Manchester’s natural capital
- Understand and explain the wide range of ecosystem services that the natural environment provides
- Develop environmental programmes, projects and polices
- Examine how developments can deliver biodiversity and environmental net gain
- Provide evidence for the local planning process
Krista Patrick, Natural Capital Coordinator, GMCA said…
“There are lots of tools and resources out there, and sometimes this can be overwhelming and confusing. This guide gives an overview with links to the range of natural capital accounts and ecosystem services opportunity maps available, with step by step instructions on how to use them. Short case studies provide examples of how people have used the tools, and a ‘frequently asked questions’ section helps to address some of the barriers users have met in the past.”
The user guide is free to download https://naturalcourse.co.uk/uploads/2021/06/GM-Natural-Capital-User-Guide.pdf
More information can be found at https://www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/what-we-do/environment/natural-environment/natural-capital/natural-capital-user-guide/