Greater Manchester Natural Capital Group Annual Conference
You are invited to join the Natural Capital Group at their Annual Conference ‘Investing to Green Greater Manchester Conference’ on 30th January 2019 (9.30 to 16.30) at the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester.
With the first Natural Capital Investment Plan being developed for Greater Manchester, this conference will explore how we can promote investment in opportunities that protect and enhance Greater Manchester’s natural capital to support a healthy population and economy.
The purpose of the conference is to clarify and understand:
- – Why invest in natural capital and what is being done to support this?
- – What do organisations look for when investing in natural capital?
- – What are the most promising financing opportunities for Greater Manchester?
- – How can these be delivered and who needs to be involved?
There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion including facilitated seminars.
Speakers and contributors confirmed include:
- – Anne Selby, CEO, The Wildlife Trust for Lancashire, Manchester and North Lancashire
- – Emma Howard Boyd, Chair, Environment Agency
- – Louise Wilson, Co-founder and Managing Director, Abundance Investment
- – Ian Dickie, Director, Eftec
- – Dan Hird, Head of Corporate Finance, Triodos Bank
- – Jamie Mansfield, Co-founder and Director, Environmental Finance
- – David Hill, Chairman and co-founder, The Environment Bank
- – Louise Martland, Conservation Director, The Environment Bank
- – Chris Matthews, Head of Sustainability, United Utilities
- – James Airton, Natural Course Strategy Development Manager, United Utilities
- – Tom Curtis, Partner, 3Keel
Who should attend?
Please note that this event is free to attend and is aimed at professionals working in the environment, finance and public policy including investors, policymakers, landowners and managers, environmentalists and business executives.
Click here to find out more about the event and to book a place.
A draft agenda is included as part of the attached flyer NCG Conference Flier and if you would like to find out more information about the Greater Manchester Natural Capital Investment Plan, click here.
You may also like...
Natural Course at the River Restoration Centre Annual Network Conference
Natural Course: Leading the way for natural flood management in the Wyre catchment
Water samples collected from rivers across Greater Manchester in new survey investigating microplastic contamination
Project update: Rostherne Mere wetlands… one year on.